Solutions for Women


Have you noticed your hair thinning? Don’t worry, you are not alone! The idea that this is a problem that only afflicts men is a myth. One in four women are troubled with thinning hair and hair loss. In fact, 40% of people who experience short-term or long-term hair loss are women. Usually, a woman will notice hair thinning all over, in the center of her scalp, or significant baldness at the crown of the head. Women rarely see a receding hairline as men do.

Hair Growth & Loss:

The average person’s scalp is home to 100,000 hair follicles each producing a single hair that grows on average a half an inch per month. These hairs grow for four to six years, they then rest before falling out.  Those hairs that fall out are then replaced with new growth and that cycle starts over. At this moment, on the average person’s head, 85% of hair is growing and the other 15% is resting.  It is completely natural for the average person to lose 50 to 100 strands of resting hair per day.  Noticing a few hairs in the hairbrush or on your clothes is entirely normal.  You will notice abnormally thinning hair usually through considerable clumps falling out when you fix or wash your hair or it may begin thinning slowly over time.

Over the last ten years there have been leaps of progress taken in hair restoration, so luckily women in our society today have options that look and feel like natural hair.

 I am blessed and thankful to have found Tracy at Man’s World (now MW Hair Studio).  I am a 50 year old female who was truly overwhelmed with emotions and embarrassment with my hair loss.  As I reached menopause and dealt with medical issues, I was searching for an answer to my significant hair loss I did find and signed a contract with Hair Club in Brentwood, TN, knowing I would have a lifetime of two and a half hour drives and not to mention the very costly fees.  I lived in Paducah so whenever I found Tracy I thought I had hit the jackpot. After meeting with Tracy, I found she would do the same procedure as the company I had signed with.  Tracy is a very compassionate person and is in the hair replacement business for the right reasons.

I have to mention all the compliments that I receive.  I now feel like a new person and have my confidence back. -DF



There are many causes of female hair loss.  Many will work out over time but many do not and require treatment.

  1. Pregnancy – During pregnancy estrogen is high and those hormones cause you to hold onto your hair.  When estrogen goes back to normal levels after childbirth hair can fall out in clumps.
  2. Crash Diets – A nutritional deficiency can starve the hair follicles and unhealthy hair falls out.
  3. Stress – Stress and anxiety can inhibit androgen production which will shrink the hair follicle and cause thinning.
  4. Heredity – Research shows us that you have a 90% chance of having the same hair as your mother’s grandfather because genes usually follow the maternal side of the family.
  5. Menopause – Hormone level changes create the potential for hair loss.



Gemtress Hair System

Gemtress was created by Andrew Wright, he was originally the world’s leading authority in men’s hair replacement.  He saw a need for women’s hair replacement and thus created Gemtress.  It has been the top of the line for women’s hair replacement.  They not only offer a plethora of handmade wig collections but also an expansive line of top-of-the-head augmentation systems for women with limited hair loss and pull-through hair enhancements to aid worn with thinning hair.

Hair Integration

An integration hair system is perfect for women with thinning or diffused hair loss. The main ability of a hair integration system is to pull existing, growing hair through the unit. Your natural hair is integrated with the hair on the piece to produce a full and entire head of hair.

Other Hair Systems (human, or synthetic)

  • Clips
  • bonding
  • full cranial prothesis
  • wigs

Products we use:

Revivogen Pro

This is the first medically-formulated natural compound for thinning hair “from the dermatologist office to the salon”.  Created by dermatologist Alex Khadavi, MD, Revivogen products are successful in treating thinning hair and have been used in dermatology offices, pharmacies, and hair transplant clinics.  This is a natural, medically-based, highly effective solution for fine and thinning hair.

Contact us for a free consultation